The Latest News
TRINITY ST. JAMES COUNCIL MEETING is on The second Thursday of the month at 7:00p.m. in the Parish Hall
Parsnip and Apple Soup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 4 parsnips trimmed and cut in ~1/2 in pieces
- 1 carrot peeled ad diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled. Cored and diced
- 4 c vegetable stock
- 1 c cider
- 1 c whipping cream
- salt and white pepper to suit
- Melt butter in stock pot over medium heat
- Add onions – cook till soft
- Add curry, parsnips, carrot and apples and cook 5 min, stirring
- Add stock and simmer till veggies tender ~25-30 min
- Puree with immersion blender till smooth
- Add cider and cream. If too thick add more cider till desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper
- If desired you can use 2-3 tsp curry
- Strongbow hard cider can be used to make it lighter, you can also use milk instead of cream – but how could you!!
FEED MY SHEEP - BAYFIELD FOOD BANK
The distribution date is on the third Wednesday of the month. Non-perishable items can be put in the box at the entrance to the Parish Hall at any time. This is an important outreach project from our church, and fills a very present need within our community. Volunteers are always welcome. Anyone wanting more information or assistance please call Terry Boa-Youmatoff at 519-524-1774.
DEDICATION OF TREE BY THE BISHOP!!
SOUP ON BAYFIELD!!
VICAR WAYNE SERVING UP HIS SPECIAL LASAGNE SOUP!
HELEN WITH HER SPECIAL SELECTION FOR THE BAYFIELD MEWS!
JUDY SUPPORTING THE BAYFIELD HISTORICAL SOCIETY WITH VICHYSSOISE!
WAYNE WITH ONE OF HIS YOUNG SUPPORTERS!
WELCOME LUNCH FOR REV. WAYNE & LORI
Members of the parish, the village and the area, gathered to help ring the bell at Trinity once every minute for 350 minutes. We joined people all over the world in an effort to bring awareness to Climate Change on our planet.
BISHOP'S AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
Brian King with Award winner Audrey Albiston
Audrey Albiston received the Bishop's Award of Excellence on Sunday, Nov. 2nd at St. Paul's Cathedral in London. Trinity Parish members were there to support her as she was presented with this well deserved reward.
ITEMS FOR THE BULLETIN