Outreach at Trinity St. James
The Outreach Committee was formed in response to a motion at the vestry Meeting in 2001. This committee is accountable to the Congregational Council of Trinity St. James Church in support of the Mission and Vision Statement. We seek through the guidance of the Holy Spirit to identify, initiate and implement programs and activities to reach out to help others in our Church family, the local community and beyond.
As a result of the work and prayer of the committee:
Feed My Sheep program has now become the Bayfield Food Bank, in association with the Huron Country Food Distribution Centre, and is ongoing with canned and non perishable items collected, stocked on a shelf in the Parish hall. There is a monthly distribution to families and individuals which is available to anyone in the community who is in need..
- A Prayer Chain was set up and is ongoing. Prayer requests are received by our rector who then sends the request out to the members of the prayer chain. Confidentiality is assured.
- A weekly insert in the Clinton paper under Church Directories keeps people up to date on the times and services.
- A Volunteer Driver's list is available for those who need rides either to church or to an appointment (call Audrey at 236-4690)
- Card holders were designed built and placed in the pews to hold: information and prayer request cards, notes of encouragement, envelopes for donations. Pens and holders were added to encourage the use of the above cards.
- Operation Christmas Child, an outreach of Samaritan's Purse, is successful each year in collecting shoeboxes of items for shipping to children in South America and other countries. We are pleased that 112 boxes were packed and sent from Trinity and St. James Churches and 1800 from our general area! Six people from our parish went down to the distribution centre in Waterloo to help with the repacking of the boxes before shipping out to other countries.
- A Tourist Pamphlet was distributed monthly from April to September to Bed and Breakfasts, restaurants, information booth etc. This pamphlet contains the history of the church, its location, an invitation to worship and the schedule of events for the month.